Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Dinner Party











I admit it, when it comes to cooking and entertaining, I do get carried away. Here are some photos from last nights feed. The grilled red pepper and cauliflower salad was very tasty and easy, too. Meat was fork tender with a great flavor. Dessert to die for, but a pain in the ass to make, and I will probably substitute a simpler fruit sauce when I make it again.

The smoked trout appetizer is an old favorite, and would work well with smoked salmon.
Time in the kitchen: approximately 8 hours. Oh well.
One of my favorite art installations is Judy Chicago's The Dinner Party. I still remember the awe and excitement when I first saw it with my friend Elaine in Chicago. She and I marched for women's rights. Ah, heady days, and we had lots of dinner parties.
Grapeshot




Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!