Monday, April 18, 2011

Penzey's Butter Chicken Recipe

Usually the web will produce the right recipe, but in this case I couldn't find the original Penzey's recipe.  We made this for two dinners and one lunch (mine, all mine!!!) and it was easy and delicious.  I had some garam masala that I had made for a previous recipe.  A well-stocked spice drawer is a cook's BFF.  I did use fresh garlic and fresh ginger and made my own tomato puree with grape tomatoes and a spoonful of water.  We ate Butter Chicken with Basmati Rice.  Yesterday I made a salad with red leaf lettuce, cara cara orange and avocado with a little lemon/oil dressing gussied up with sugar and poppyseeds.  Yum!  Here, clipped straight from the catalog, is Penzey's Butter Chicken recipe.  Enjoy!!!  I used chicken, but the vegetarian version sounds good, too.

Penzey's Butter Chicken with cook's comments.  Reads good! Spicy

6 comments:

  1. How come recipes are always for 4 or more? I hate having to reduce the amouts and never get it right when cooking for one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cook for 2 and usually just make the 4 recipe and serve it two nights running or sometimes with an intervening meal. Cooking for one is definitely challenging. You could have the recipe and eat it twice. I never know if 4 servings means for 4 people or two hungry people who have seconds. Occasionally Bon Appetit has recipes for 2. I had one recently for one that I had to quadruple. High school math or is it grade school fractions do come in handy with recipe. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice recipe. thanks for sharing. Here is video for indian butter chicken recipe by Jeet sidhu – http://www.gdayindia.com.au/butter-chicken-recipe-by-chef-jeet-sidhu

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mum was able to create White chicken recipe a labor-intensive recipe to be certain. This classic dish is a fancy form of creamed chicken. You may create a rapid variation with canned soup, however, it tastes like fried soup, also can be high in salt. The single way to get the creamy relaxation I desired would be to adapt the white chicken cream recipe.Try this white chicken recipe, this is quite easy to make at your home kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:25 PM

    Wow, this paragraph is good, my sister is analyzing such things, therefore I am going to convey her.
    Read More: Roast Duck

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:52 PM

    Can you use sour cream instead of yogurt?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome!