Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Look Ma, No Signature

I didn't even have to open the envelope to determine the response to the query that came back today. I could see that there was NO SIGNATURE. It was the dreaded AHFL. I leave it to you to figure out what this stands for. Remember, Grapeshot runs a clean blog. The thing about these hideously impersonal put downs, is that they always state: 1) we are terribly sorry to be sending you such a hideously impersonal response
2) we are terribly busy people and cannot respond to every author/worm who darkens our mail box with a query
3) we have practically agonized over your query before telling you to Suck It Up
4) good luck elsewhere

How does this sound? Author driven berserk by the 118th negative response starts hunting down agents and murdering them with one thousand paper cuts inflicted with their impersonal form letters. Let's see now. How many suspects could there be? 100,000? 1,000,000? Gee, with so many suspects I guess the police have few clues. Wouldn't that make a nice mystery for an amateur sleuth?

In my next posts, I'll put the plots to my novels on this blog and you can judge for yourself if they are ready for prime time. Until then, that weird digusting sound you hear is me: sucking it up.

Grapeshot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!