Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Barking at the Thunder

The coleus doesn't mind the rain. The petunias like it UP TO A POINT.

This afternoon, I took care of our neighbor's little dog. As usual, we had a thunderstorm. Instead of going outside to do her "business," doggie barked at the thunder, running from one side of the deck to another and to the stairs, yapping the whole time.

We had to go back later when the storm was over. This time she went out for real. Maybe it was a ploy to get another treat. I had felt like barking at the thunder, too, for all the good it will do.

We had a stellar Mexican casserole (tortilla casserole) tonight. I had never eaten a tortilla casserole until we were in Houston and one was served at lunch at a fancy buffet. Thought I'd died and gone to heaven. Nothing fancy about the casserole, but it's very tasty and quite rich, one of those dishes that low fat sour cream and cheddar would not greatly diminish. I'll print the recipe tomorrow.

Today's mail brought some good news. One of my short stories will be published in an anthology this fall. Very excited, naturally. I will have to update my query letter with this info. Three queries out so far today, two more to do. Then I can watch the Red Sox and finish my James Lee Burke book. Goodbye computer, until morning.





Grapeshot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!