Thursday, January 01, 2009

For What It's Worth

Suggested by the blog Orange Crate Art.

Put the first sentence of every month in 2008 into your blog. Here goes:

Last night we stayed in and watched the marathon of old Pink Panther movies, and after New Year's we watched an old Peter Sellers movie (1968) called "The Party."

O.K., so I've been working out during the new year; however, not one, but two new habits are gaining ground and it's so annoying. 1) TV Watching 2) Eating after dinner

Back from Florida.

Bad Trip is the name of my new short story, which I had hoped to finish and polish in time to send into Level Best Books, but it didn't happen, because home nursing care and hospital visits are not conducive to writing.

Mayday and we have golden sun, although it froze last night and fortunately I brought two sprouted seedlings indoors.

The halibut recipe has been languishing in my "grill" cookbook for two years.

I am constantly amazed at the stupidity, cupidity and surprise by people who should know better.

So we're off to the Windy City.

All of a sudden the airwaves are full of insipid commercials with three women.


O.K., I'm a salmon snob, which is to say I like the wild salmon, not the farm raised mushy, strong/strange tasting fish.


This is the first election ever when I have given money to a candidate.

Ah, when the dream dies, it dies slowly and painfully.


If there is meaning to be gleaned, well, I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!