Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Golden Globes - Glorious Gardening!


Not awards, not oranges, but my orange rhododendum which has burst into bloom (a cliche but so apt) this week. The other good news in the garden is that for the first time in this house the iris is honoring us with a bloom--it's been moved 3 times, and now I guess the right spot has been determined so long as I keep it cultivated.

Beautiful (sorry no picture) special dogtooth violets also came to life this year. Basically, I think I only lost one columbine, but the wild orchid doesn't look like it will bloom. I need to sneak into the woods and transplant a few more to my woods.

No sign of the baby ducks. Hummingbird is back, after the newly planted red petunias. She'll have to wait a while for the rest of the garden to bloom. Speaking of blooms, my sage will go crazy in a week. Beaucoup blooms.

We have a cilantro fest. It reseeds itself like crazy.
Love it. Love it.

I found the pot for the rosemary. Thought I broke it last fall when I couldn't find it. Must have been another pot. We had some of the rosemary on the bistro chicken (yum!) the past two nights.
http://wardstreetbistro.typepad.com/wsb/2008/05/grilled-mustard.html
Do try this recipe.

I need to find a sunny spot for the phlox I dug up at the state hospital. I am an inveterate collector of plants in derelict locations.
Today we're going to Briggs Nursery, a choice garden destination, for the annual trip to buy plants. It makes me happy just to think about it. Obviously, a heart "too soon made glad."
Aloha,
Grapeshot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!