Wednesday, April 23, 2008

More Signs of Spring

Peewees in the woods, calling and answering each other. Robin scrounging for nest materials--taking time to gather up a bunch.

We've had chives in the scrambled eggs twice. My secret for the best scrambled eggs--sneak a fit bits of cream cheese into the eggs. It will melt and make them totally scrumptious.

I saw two hawks scoping out the woods. Don't know if they have romance or dinner on their minds.

My little sparrow friend came again and I identified him/her, and now I can't remember which kind it is. One of the more common ones that hangs about at the edge of the woods. Nice song, and saucy bird

Did a few garden chores today. The Solomon's seal is coming up, and the bleeding heart has blooms. One columbine is among the missing. I take plants dying very personally.

In the living room window, the Geraniums are growing and the Christmas cactus has one lone bloom. Go figure.

I've send out a few more email queries and need to get busy on more. And I have to give a speech on Burning Man. What to say? How can you describe an experience so unique?
Dunno.

Onward,

Grapeshot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!