Saturday, December 09, 2006

Ready for the Crapometer

Miss Snark, the literary agent, has a popular blog: http://misssnark.blogspot.com/ and from time to time she deigns to let us aspiring writers send our "hook" to her crapometer. This time it's 250 words due on December 15th. On her blog she either hands out orchids (you hooked her) or onions (you didn't), but the most useful thing is not the semi-public (or totally anonymous) humiliation but the feedback from a real agent. She is refreshingly blunt and has a huge following.

I've been polishing my query words for World of Mirrors for the next crapometer. 247 of my best words. Wish me luck. Some are nervous about posting their plots for all the world to see. It's hard but not impossible to believe that someone might swipe a plot online. I wouldn't. Nope, I really wouldn't.

Yesterday, we trekked to the following places: Wellesley Library, Marco Polo (going out of business sale, alas), Joel Bagnol, Roche Brothers, Microcenter, Kate's Mystery Books, Chang Sho, Kate's Mystery Books. Kate had her annual party for the New England Mystery Writers and her customers at her store on Mass Ave in Cambridge. Lots of food, booze, signed books, schmoozing. Fun. It was colder than a well-diggers ass, to be it bluntly. I'm not ready for winter. Lost an old but comfy thread bare glove, my warmest pair, hence the threadbare aspect.

We are cleaning and decorating and doing cards and wrapping and baking and all that good seasonal stuff, and I hope you are also being productive at whatever it is.

Cheers,

Grapeshot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!