Friday, December 08, 2006

A Dog's Breakfast

The expression, "looks like a dog's breakfast," implies something messy and not appetizing, like maybe dogfood. This morning I had an ugly breakfast: soggy salad from last night, a fried chicken liver from the French meal of two days ago, and an English muffin with low sugar apricot jam.

After years of making salad, I still tend to fix too much. Sometimes we eat it, sometimes we don't and I got used to eating soggy salad and now I even like it. Hey, chicken livers dipped in flour and fried in butter with plenty of salt and pepper. What's not to like? The low sugar apricot jam doesn't look very appetizing, but it tastes great. When did food become so sugar-laden? Everything has sugar now, including milk and water and this sweet craving doesn't speak well for our future health apropos waistlines and diabetes.

I have learned to leave the croutons out of the salad and serve them at the table. Same for avocado. Yum!

This morning I made a West Indian Bean Dip to take to a party. Double yum, and relatively low fat. Life is good. Celebrate. Eat well.

Grapeshot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!