Thursday, October 05, 2006

Off to the Adirondacks


This is not the Adirondacks, but a house in Montana. S.O. and I are off for a weekend of exploring lakes, streams, mountains, cafes, rivers, flora, fauna in the huge Adirondack park west of here.

My novel, Festival Madness, concludes there, in the wilderness, and I need to get local color and also to figure out how this is going to work. I am hoping to see something that will inspire an exciting denouement.

We are loaded down with cameras, notecards, local airports, restaurants, sweaters, lunches, and food for a few days in the Berkshires which will follow the Adirondack weekend.

A writer writes, as I am fond of saying, but a writer also does great amounts of research. There are a couple places on this earth that I can write "cold," without reference to anything except memory, but for everything place else I need ;hotos, menus, note cards. Nothing beats being there, for how else can a writer take the reader there? To the there of there which is there and no where else. So all this is a long way of saying I won't be posting for a few days. I'll come back with ideas and scenery, so stay tuned.


Grapeshot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!