Friday, September 27, 2019

Chased By Death

My new novel is coming out on October 1st as an eBook, and a week later as a trade paperback.  It's been a long time since I've had anything other than short stories published, so this is kind of special.
Here is the cover.  Isn't it cool?


Chased By Death is a woman-in-jeopardy novel and also a “road novel.” Maxine wants to find her long-lost sister.  Cartel kingpin Lotto wants to find Maxine and the two-million dollars her ex-husband skimmed. In a motorhome, Maxine, with new boyfriend Jeff, his young daughter, and a kitten,embark on a cross-continent trek to find the sister. Maxine is smart, but Lotto is relentless. Jack Kerouac wrote, “The road is life!”  Will Maxine reach safety before Lotto’s goons close in or will the road be death? 

I love road novels, and now I have finally written one.  This is the first novel I've written using three points of view, Maxine, Lotto, and the sister.  No matter how evil a character is, I always try to give them their humanity.
 On the Road, by Jack Kerouac, always impressed me.  "The Road was Life."  I grew up on the high plains of Colorado, and as a teenager, we drove a lot.  To Denver, to Greeley, to the mountains, always restless, always on the move, "racing across the Great American NIght," as Kerouac put it. 

Here's a link to Kerouac, if you're in the mood. A slightly embarrassing love for Jack Kerouac.   
Does anyone ever race through the night anymore or do they just stay home glued to their phones?  

My publisher is Wings ePress. Nice people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!