1) no salt and pepper
2) no onion, no grated nutmeg, no pinch of cayenne
3) advertised with spinch and mushrooms, but hard to find and even harder to taste
4) lots of lots of tasteless cauliflower
5) lack of creaminess. Just a big hunk of solidified glop
6) spectacular lack of cheese
7) advertised potato crust thin and tasteless
8) restaurant suspects it will still be on hand at end of day so puts two huge pieces on every plate
Thank heavens the salad and the dessert were good.
Below is one of my quiches. Note nicely browned crust, yellow color from eggs. Surface is colorful and hints at what's inside. Shaped like a pie, not like a slab of lard.
|Grapeshot's Quiche, one of many delicious ones|