Tuesday, January 01, 2013

New Pet Peeves

It is getting harder and harder to buy peppercorns, because they all seem to come in a grinder.  I have my own grinder(s)  and just want a jar of good quality peppercorns.  The friendly lady at Trader Joe's showed me how you could unscrew the bottle and pour them out, but when I bought a nice big jar at my local supermarket, the grinder was built in (fine print) and would not yield to opening.  O.K., on a scale of 1-10 this is a 1 (I returned the jar), but it's annoying.

At Target, I was looking for a cleaning product (Mr. Clean, Pine Sol, Spin N Span, etc.) to pour into a scrub bucket.  Everything was in a spray bottle.  Finally I found a few bottles of stuff to dilute in water in a different part of the cleaning supplies.  Poor selection, hardly any name brands.  Doesn't anyone clean with a scrub bucket anymore?  Well, sad to say I don't engage in this activity a lot, but sometimes that's just what you need.  Again, on a scale of 1-10 another 1.

Tearing up the road on I-95 today.  Third pet peeve is drivers who constantly drift over the lines in their lane?  Are they drunk, half-asleep, texting, yakking on their cell, amorously engaged with the person sitting next to them?  Ya never know.  Sometimes even a few honks of the horn don't produce the desired result.  What is with these people?  Distracted drivers. At least number 5.
 I haven't been posting much because I've been writing and writing and doing PR for the newly pubbed book and writing some more.  And then there are the holidays.  We came home to find a bad cat had chewed the tree lights cord in two!  Bad cat.  Whatchagonnado? 
Christmas Dinner, Chez Grapeshop

A pork roast with creamed spinach, apple sauce and mashed potatoes.

Happy 2013!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!