Monday, March 12, 2012

Pork Tenderloing with Shallots and Prunes

Yum!  Prunes are a natural complement to pork, and the sauce for this tenderloin  tasted delicious.  The whole business (except for brining) can be cooked in less than an hour, but you will need two timers, one for the sauce and a second for the pork.  Nothing complicated, but there are several steps involved.
This is company worthy.  I didn't serve with sweet potatos but rather asparagus, broccoli and cauliflower, as we are watching our carbs.  I definitely used some Madiera and fresh thyme.  We didn't have any potato starch so I used cornstarch in the same proportions without noticing any difference. I also used lemon instead of orange rind, as I had half a lemon that had already been partially grated.
 Here is the link to the recipe.  Pork Tenderloin with Shallots and Prunes 
Tonight I'm cooking a few noodles to mop up the sauce with.   The sauce is definitely worthy of being mopped up.  This recipe is low in fat and high in fiber and nutrition, esp. with extra veggies.  Our supermarket has great deals on pork tenderloin, so I try to keep some in the freezer.  It is a high-quality protein.  Tasty, too.  Great on the grill in the summer.  Takes well to a variety of toppings.
What's not to like?   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!