Wednesday, June 22, 2011

About Blogging--the new united nations

Blogger has stats, now.  I used to have to put html code into  the blogs for stats, and now Blogger provides them.  The most interesting stats are the ones that show which countries your readers are from.  I now have four blogs, and these are the countries with readers this week, in no particular order : 

U.S.
Germany
Hungary
Macau
Poland
Russia
Thailand
Ukraine
Canada
France
Austrailia
Turkey
Iran
Spain
South Korea
U.K.
Netherlands
Brazil
Belgium

Why do I find this so amazing?  I noticed that Google Images has picked up a few photos from the blog, and this obviously helps.  I have never had Afghanistan or North Korea or few countries from Africa except Egypt, but maybe there will soon be those, too. 
Welcome everyone, I wish I knew how to say welcome in all these languages.  I have always been interested in other countries and cultures, since our 4th grade teacher brought her niece from Puerto Rico into our class.  In college there were some interesting foreign students, and something I liked very much about working in IT was that we were a united nations of cultures.  I made friends from Russia, India and Israel.  How cool was that?   
My Toastmaster's Club is also very diverse, and that, too, is fun and rewarding.  Some people who have never travelled or ventured beyond their neighborhoods seem uncomfortable around those of different backgrounds, but others are interested and open to strangers.  
So welcome, blog readers.  I wish I knew you and could talk to you.   I'm sure we would find much in common and also some interesting differences. 

We all know the world is becoming connected thru Facebook, Twitter and blogs.  That is, as Martha Stewart, our cooking and household guru, would say, "A Good Thing." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!