Friday, December 03, 2010

Lemon Squares Recipe: The Best Ever

These are easy and I would not dream of buying lemon squares or trying another recipe.  If you are reading this in a foreign land (not US) and you want a conversion of the ingredients to grams, etc., email me:  judy(at)copek(dot)com and I will send you conversion measurements. Make sure to put "lemon squares" in the subject line.  I notice that I have a number of Russian, Korean, etc. readers.  Isn't the web a great international exchange?  Love it!
My mother's nickname as a young girl was Cookie!  She loved to bake them and to eat them. 


My mother, Earla Hess, left, in 1928 at age 22 in Yosemite Park, California with Best Friend
Earla's Lemon Squares

Part I:  Cream together 1/2 cup butter, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 cup flour and 1/8 teaspoon salt.  Press mixture into bottom of 8 x 8 inch square pan and bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.  

Part II:  Combine and pour over hot crust:  2 beaten eggs. 1 cup sugar, 2 T. flour, juice and grated rind of one lemon.  Return to oven and bake 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees F.  (Do not overbake).  Remove from oven and dust with powdered sugar.  Cool throughly before cutting into squares.  Always use an 8 inch square pan.  

Enjoy!  These are not holiday bars per se, but citrus flavors such as orange and lemon are always good during the holiday season. 

Grapeshot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!