Thursday, December 16, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Food

The ginger spice cookies I made from this month's Bon Appetit.  I cut down on the spices, and they were "spicy" enough.  Significant Other thought they were too sweet.   Here is a photo of last night's pizza and my first ever effort at home made dough.  I followed a recent recipe from the New York Times.  It was pretty simple and I didn't have to handle the dough much. 
Homemade pizza with Pepperoni, Mushrooms, Broccoli, Mozzarella and lots of Fresh Tomatoes
I
Somehow, I screwed up the photo of the Apricot Bars.  Once I research, I'll post.  Made a quiche for a party today and the group descended on it like a herd of locusts.  I have noticed that quiche is always popular, and real men do eat it.  I usually take a vegetarian one with cheese and veggies (today's was spinach with a few mushrooms and scallions garnishing it along with two cherry tomatoes.  Red and Green, doncha know?  Of course Quiche Lorraine with bacon rocks, and sausage links also made a fine pizza if you are cooking for a group where everyone eats meat.  

A pizza stone, a peel and a good cutter make pizza cookery so much easier.  Now if I only had a brick oven . . .

Grapeshot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!