Sunday, November 14, 2010

Green Beams Scampi

I had not noticed, because I am crazy busy, but blogger now has statistics for the blogs.  I want to welcome all my foreign guests.  The whole world has been after the best Turkey stuffing ever.  Who knew?  So welcome Brits, Germans, Russians, Koreans and everyone else.  Leave a comment, because I love meeting people from other countries and learning about them.  

This recipe is from the Boston Globe, submitted by Anita M. Dorio of Quincy.  I bless her whenever I make it, because it is delicious and looks good, too.

Green Beans Scampi

1 pound green beans
1/2 pound mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, minced
juice of 1/2 lemon (or less)
1/4 cup white wine (I use Vermouth)
2 T. olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Cook fresh green beans in two inches of lightly salted water until tender.
Saute garlic and mushrooms in olive oil.
Add well-drained green beans to garlic mushroom mixture in skillet.  Add lemon juice and white wine.  Stir to combine over low heat.
Can be served hot or cold.

We always do hot.  It would work well for Thanksgiving if you don't want an oven casserole.

Grapeshot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!