Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Birthday Girl

Today is my birthday.  Ten years old!  My mistress greeted me with catnip and congratulations, then I was feted with moist food, fresh water, and a little extra "Atkins for kitties."  I got extra treats after my meds.

Then the Orange Outrage appeared, and we were doing all right together until HE LAY DOWN IN MY CATNIP!  I hissed (lots of hissing practice lately) and retreated to the cool downstairs office where I sulked in the furnace room for a while and then curled up in the cedar closet for a power nap.

The small guest, child of the owner of the Orange Outrage, gave me a birthday present, a homemade mouse, (black and white, good cat colors) filled with catnip and the scent of treats. 

So far, an all right birthday.  Maybe I will curl up in front of the Red Sox game.  Maybe I'll  issue an extra vicious hiss.  And then again, maybe I'll just chill.

After all, a cats gotta do what a cats gotta do.

 Meow to all my readers.

Thisbe  

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:04 PM

    I would have liked to give her my middle paw and a few slaps across the nose. So arrogant. So obese. How can a cat let herself go like that? She begs for treats all the time. I remain aloof.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome!