Saturday, December 19, 2009

Vietnamese Stir-Fried Vegetables with Chicken or Shrimp

This is yummy and relatively cheap.  
http://bitten.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/07/07/recipe-of-the-day-vietnamese-stir-fried-vegetables-with-chicken-or-shrimp/
I don't currently have any dried hot chilies, so I use one med. sized fresh jalapeno pepper.  I also use canola oil.  Use a mixture of oyster sauce and soy sauce.  This is a great flavorful recipe and is worth the time.  I always cook brown rice, and while the rice is cooking you can prepare the fresh veggies.  It is so delicious that we only have enough left for one person's lunch.  


I may add a few drops of seseame oil and/or hot oil to give the dish a little more heat than the jalapeno provides.   The dish is nicely colorful, too, with green and orange from the veggies.  I have made the dish with both chicken and shrimp and like it both ways.



Grapeshot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!