Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Rain

Sodden tuberous begonias on the deck, weary of rain.

I never read Somerset Maugham's short story titled, Rain, but wherever it was raining, the South Pacific no doubt, could not have held a candle to Boston last month. My poor tomatoes, that just want some nice water and also some SUN. Remember sunshine?


The nasturtiums I am growing from seed aren't very happy either. We had a few days of sun (today is dreary again), and the astilbe decided to bloom. Beets are growing. Lettuce is gone except for the really weird lettuce. Herbs need a new start, (dill and cilantro) but my others are strong and healthy.


Gardens are a labor of love. I am cross posting a link from my Proust blog.



Let there be color. Let there be (sun) light. Another dreary day. On the bright side (!) dreary days are good for writing.


Grapeshot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!