Sunday, August 31, 2008

Take Four Ripe Tomatoes . . .


Zowie, the harvest is great, and we must have vitamin C coming out our pores. Last night we had tomatoes provencal, which were so good we have to have them again. We finished the dish with our eggs and bacon this morning. Yum-O. You can find a recipe on the web. I took a short cut and used Panko and put the garlic, parsley, thyme and parmesan into the crumbs. My recipe called for broiling the tomatoes, then broiling again with the crumbs. You have to be ever-vigilant that the crumbs don't burn.


http://www.jacquespepin.net/members/recipes/tomatoesprovencale.html

We had shish-kebab with a green pepper from the garden. It tasted to fresh and sweet. I used decent sirloin for the meat, and also had mushroom and onion on the skewers. We topped off the dinner with corn on the cob. No dessert last night. Not necessary.

My marinade is something I've used since I was a young bride--and it's always good. Herewith:

Marinade for Shish-Kebabs

For 4 skewers

Juice ½ lemon
1/3 c. olive oil
½ cup sherry (dry)
1 T. Worchestershire sauce
1 T. salt
½ t. pepper
1 t. curry powder
½ t. ground ginger
1 small onion, grated
Mix together and marinate beef or pork for two hours--you could probably use for lamb or chicken, too, although I always go for the beef.

Here's a blogger who thinks with me. I loved the "All America Summarize Proust Contest." Remember, Sarah cooks with Polar Bear Helper.

http://lotsasplainin.blogspot.com/2008/08/all-american-summarizing-proust-contest.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!