Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Real Men Do Eat Quiche--and salad, too

Food should have eye appeal and this red, yellow and jalapeno pepper quiche has it in spades. I set out to make the poblano chile quiche from a 2006 Gourmet, but alas, Roche Brothers didn't have a poblano in sight. So, this was the result. Kept the same recipe, but substituted other peppers. The jalapeno gave it a bit of zing. Doesn't it look like a cool quilt pattern or something?

Yesterday was the day I got around to baking that orange yogurt bread I found on another blog. Zowie! Didn't bother to make the glaze, and we just tucked into the bread. Cut down on the sugar a tad. Was it ever good.

I saw my friend Chris Roerden tonight at the Woonsocket, RI library. We overshot Woonsocket, and had to drive all over Rhode Island, which being a very small state was no problem. Chris is an editor and what she doesn't know about writing you can stick in your eye.
I love her book, Don't Murder Your Mystery, and Chris has another book out for non-genre writers, Don't Sabotague Your Submission.

Now if I could only follow some of that good advice. The damn new book is talking to me and I am listening, so I don't know what's going on. Think I'll write a chapter or two.

Half of my beautiful clematis is all droopy and wilted and it seems to be like, dying. The other half is fine. The bad bunny ate one of the heirloom beets last night. Such a bad little nibbler.

Time to try to find that ancient Bo Diddly record and play it. Maybe dance around the house a little bit. Cool.

Grapeshot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!