Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Smoking Dreams

One would think that after 20 years of not smoking, the idea of nictoine and cigarettes would be long banished from my brain and one would be wrong.

Last night I had a smoking dream, and I was coughing all night, due to smoking, and how dumb I had been to start again and now I would have to stop which I would do after this pack was finished. Ah, it was about half full so there would be a few more good smokes.

Nicotine has a long memory. S.O. and I both have some weird intermittent hacking cough, which must be environmental or a low grade virus, something that doesn't make one sick, just cough.

The news this morning, coincidentally enough, was that for a woman who stops smoking it takes 5 years to return to some levels, 20 years to return to others, and 30 years before you can stop worrying about lung cancer. My doctor says 20 years, and I'll go with that.

The dreams still come after 20 years and maybe when (if) they stop, I'll be truly cured.

Off to Northern Nevada tomorrow for a shorter than planned trip. Life intervenes. No, I said that yesterday.

Read through the Festival Madness section about Burning Man and I think it's quite good and captures The Man. Probably 30,000 people are writing books about the man and they'll all be published before mine. Think positive thoughts. Yeah, sure.

Onward

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!