Thursday, May 01, 2008

Horray! Hooray! The First of May!

Mayday and we have golden sun, although it froze last night and fortunately I brought two sprouted seedlings indoors.

For a review of my novel, (remember my novel?) see the following link:

http://www.myshelf.com/mystery/08/shadowwarriors.htm

The germ of an idea for the book arrived in my head 15 years ago. It was first published as an e-book in 2001, (the late publisher RFI West) and finally (by me) in paperback in 2003. Although I have written 2 additional books (and now polishing a 3rd), I've had no luck getting an agent. Another rejection (for Festival Madness,) the latest book, today. Wish I knew what I was doing wrong. The query letters follow the prescribed form, everyone says the problem isn't the writing. I would say, alas, the stories maybe suck, but we never really get that far. I mean if the stories suck nobody knows that.

But I don't give up. Not at all. Polishing a short story, started (with beaucoup research) on my California 1928 novel, and ideas for a great YA (Young Adult). No, never give up.

Years ago, I took the train into Chicago on a miserable evening, and the heavy snow melted into slush and I had high heels on, and there wasn not a friggin' taxi in sight, so I walked through 6 inches of slush about a mile and a half to the hotel. En route, I had to tell myself about my great grandma who was far out in the pasture when she was bitten by a rattlesnake and she walked back to the farm house and her leg turned black and she lived on for years. She didn't give an inch and I won't either. I made it to the hotel with the iciest feet you ever want to feel. Never give up.

So, onward. Maybe not upward, but onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!