Thursday, January 14, 2021

Party Menu:  probably from the seventies for a sales meeting

 

 

 

Mushroom Quiche

Hot Creamy Beef Dip

Liptauer Käse

Prosciutto

Liverwurst

Sweet pickles

Dill pickles

3 breads (Italian + rye + pumpernickel)

 

Filet of Beef with Sour Cream Caper sauce

Salad Niçoise

Omi’s Potato Salad

Zucchini & Tomato Salad

 

Butter Cheese

Brie

Linzer Torte

 

Coffee

Glögg

 

 
From the menu, this is for a group of mostly Germans: 
Liptauer cheese, liverwurst, Omi's potato salad (German), butter cheese, Linzer Torte, and Glögg

I am amazed that I could assemble and cook so many dishes.  Obviously before I became a working woman. Hot creamy beef dip was a  popular hors d'oeuvre in those days. Filet of beef was popular and did not break the bank.  I'm sure I made the Linzer Torte myself.  
You can find recipes for hot creamy beef dip on the web.  It was popular back in the day.  
Omi's potato salad was my mother-in-law's recipe.  Unusual and delicious.  If there is any demand, I can print it on the next post.  It is not vegetarian.  
Liptaur cheese is from the Austro-Hungarian  empire.  If you Google it, be sure to get Joseph Wechberg's recipe. He contributed to the late Gourmet Magazine way back when.
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!