Sunday, February 18, 2018

The Meth House

My novelette, (13,000+ words) is now available for on Amazon for the Kindle. 
Cover of my novelette.  

The setting is Colorado, my home state.  Montana is my birth state.  I lived in Colorado from first grade through high school and in the summers while at college.  The story was inspired by a newspaper article about homeless living in the state forests, and how one of then had set the forest on fire (accidentally).  I don't have a fire, but but I have an old, abandoned cabin (maybe once a meth house, no one is sure) where my protagonist comes upon a little girl, dirty, scared and abandoned.  My main character is a reformed alcoholic who lived on the street for many years, sobered up with the help of AA, and became a social worker.  She has seen a lot, and experienced a lot.  Bad stuff happens at the cabin and the locale moves to Boulder,  Estes Park, and finally out to the plains and beet fields of Northeastern Colorado where more bad stuff happens. The characters came to me out of nowhere.  You read the paper, you get ideas, you write the story.

I think you might enjoy it.

Order "The Meth House"

By the way, it is not necessary to have a Kindle to read this.  On the Meth House page there is a link to download software to your smart phone,  your tablet or your  computer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!