1) Lose five pounds. This is on my list every year, and last year I actually lost 7 pounds. Only gained back two over the holidays, no gone. Yippeee! The secret to losing weight is to eat less. No forbidden foods, just less of them.
2 Walk more. Yes! We visit the gym and the treadmill regularly. Can't walk outdoors because it is too cold and there is 70 inches of snow. Yikes!
3) Write more! Yes again. Cut 9,000 words from my novel and whipped it into shape to send to my agent. Started my new novel. Well, one chapter.
4) Read more. Have been doing this, too. Several new books under my belt. Once I get distracted and stop reading a book, it is hard to pick it up again. Must do that with my current one, The Lacuna, by Barbara Kingsolver. Really good, and I'm 3/4 of the way through it. Just need to finish.
5) Eat healthy. My "healthy" is not Your healthy. My healthy means few processed foods. I never eat low-fat foods (full of salt and sugar and artificial ingredients), nor do I eat deli turkey, one of the most disgusting items in the supermarket. Not only does it not look like turkey or taste like turkey, it is pumped full of chemicals. Yuck!
I am more likely to stop by the wing bar and grab a measly two pieces. Or maybe lean roast beef or learn ham from a good source. We try very hard to use s few processed products as possible. It's hard and it's time consuming.
6) Have fun! Fun has been hard to come by this winter, with the cold and the snow and now the ice dams and the leaks. Some people actually like winter. How weird is that? I hated ice skating after being left on the ice alone my first time (on ill-fitting hockey skates) and being in the middle of a lake with the ice cracking under me. Skiing was almost as bad. Never got the hang of the chairlift--too cold to breathe, and then a ski instructor said I was the most awkward looking person he had ever seen on skis. Never had a sled. I remember walking to school in 5th grade in McPherson, Kansas, and it was so bitter cold I thought I would die. I didn't die, of course, but winter is my absolute least favorite season. We even survived the winter of 1979 in Chicago. Not fun then, and not much fun this winter, as everyone stays home. Note to self. Try to have fun.
Bucket list: Places I want to see.
1) Hawaii. I have been to 49 states and would like to complete my state list with Hawaii.
2) Other spots! The Baja down in Mexico. Banff and Lake Louise in Canada. Scotland and the Norwegian fjiords, Dresden, Prague and Budapest. Oxford and Bath and the Cotswolds in England.
Where do you want to go?
These bloggers are participating in the "lists" blogs today. Take a gander at what they have to say. Probably not a deli-turkey rant among em. :)
Skye Taylor http://www.skye-writer.com/
Fiona McGier http://www.fionamcgier.com/
Marci Baun http://www.marcibaun.com/
Diane Bator http://dbator.blogspot.ca/
Victoria Chatham http://victoriachatham.webs.
Anne Stenhouse http://annestenhousenovelist.
Beverley Bateman http://beverleybateman.
A.J. Maguire http://ajmaguire.wordpress.
Rachael Kosnski http://the-doodling-booktease.
Geeta Kakade http://geetakakade.blogspot.
Kay Sisk http://kaysisk.blogspot.com
Connie Vines http://connievines.blogspot.
Rhobin Courtright http://www.